Thursday, January 12, 2006

Changing Location

Wow, so many changes since december 9th. It has been a month, and I am on the complete other side of the world, in another modern city, kind of strange for a country boy. I did find it a little awkward to be in the hills of WV for ten days though. It was hard to get myself out into the muck and rain when it was so comfortable in by the wood stove. I hope all this city life does not ruin my love for weather, woods, and getting dirty. So now my lovely lady, Eva, and I are staying at my grandparents' luxury apartment in Garden City, NY until we find a good place in Brooklyn. This place is really posh. I heard Eva saying to her mother, "This place is huge, it has two of everything, two bathrooms, two livingrooms, two bedrooms..." Luckily, the grandparents are in Florida, and willing to let us stay.
Now, we are about to take the train into Brooklyn to meet our advisor for lunch, and get our student cards. Normal school stuff. More later...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyle,
Did you read eva's post on MLK day? Very funny -
You're just on a different kind of adventure, a people adventure, instead of woods and weather! Urban life can be wild and woolly - I guess you learned some anti-scam radar techniques in India - should be helpful in NY, too.
Love, Isolde

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home